Metro Vancouver real estate is a dynamic and shifting market, and development of new construction homes can be found for sale in nearly all cities and neighbourhoods in Metro Vancouver. These new pre-sale developments range in design and style, including multi-building high-rises with stunning glass facades and terraces that overlook the skyline, boutique low rise wood frame buildings, to single-family style row homes and fully master-planned communities that include all of the above! New construction homes are attractive to homebuyers for their host of amenities, full warranties, and often features high-end appliances and capacity for modern tech improvements.
Buying a pre-sale condo or townhome in Vancouver can be a daunting task. There are lots of questions you should be asking!
- Who is the Builder? and Developer?
- What is a disclosure statement?
- What are the terms of the contract?
- What happens if the builder decides to cancel the development?
- What are the risk of buying pre-sale? etc!
- I am required to pay a deposit? What happens if the builder doesn't complete?
- When do I arrange a mortgage?